JUVENILES – attending an event? please read the following guidelines:
AAI – All events listed are AAI (Athletic Association of Ireland) approved and all competitors must be Club and AAI registered (to register click on ‘Join’ and download the Registration Form and Code of Conduct).
EVENTS (attendance) – We require that all parents confirm their child’s availability to attend the events listed in ‘Track & Field’ and/or ‘Cross Country’ 3 weeks before each event. The Club is bound by a 2 week deadline for the entry and payment of our athletes to compete in these AAI approved events and your co-operation would be deeply appreciated (if you are late confirming your attendance please contact Trudi McGuinness 087 296 7835).
EVENTS (meeting times) – When attending an event we require all coaches and athletes to meet 45 minutes before the event start time.
EVENTS (changes) – Any changes to upcoming events will be given at training and/or posted on our Facebook page – please like us on Facebook to stay updated.
SINGLETS – All athletes must wear a Club Singlet at all AAI approved events, this is compulsory. For ‘newcomers’ a plain white t-shirt would suffice until a singlet is purchased – Speak to your coach to place an order (other club t-shirts, jumpers and tracksuits can also be ordered through the club).
SPIKES – Spikes are optional but advisable especially for competing members and at cross country events.
ROAD RACES/FUN RUNS – An AAI Ruling regarding the attendance of underage athletes at 5ks, 10ks, etc….. Juveniles can partake in races greater than that of their Age Group, but can only do so with parental/guardian consent and they CANNOT wear club colours/singlets: Age Groups – Up to 11yrs – 1.5k / 12-13yrs – 2k / 14-15yrs – 3k / 16-17yrs – 4k / 18yrs + 10k / The minimum threshold for a 5k is 16yrs & for a 10k is 18yrs.
Any queries regarding upcoming events please do not hesitate to speak to your child’s coach or a club official at the end of any training session.
AAI AGE CATEGORIES FOR 2018
- Age categories are calculated from the 31st of December in the year of competitions.
- No athlete may obtain a birthday in the year of competition and compete in that age.
- Some Cross Country Events are ‘even’ age only or ‘uneven’ age only. If your child’s age category is not listed then they run in the next age group up.
- For further information click on – www.athleticsireland.ie / www.athleticsleinster.org / www.athleticslouth.com
|Born 2009||Under 8||Born 2007||Under 12||Born 2003||Under 16|
|Born 2010||Under 9||Born 2006||Under 13||Born 2002||Under 17|
|Born 2009||Under 10||Born 2005||Under 14||Born 2001||Under 18|
|Born 2008||Under 11||Born 2004||Under 15||Born 2000||Under 19|
- The Community Games run separately to the AAI with their own rules & age categories and are open to all children in our community, not just club members so invite your friends & neighbours.
- For the Community Games, ‘Club Colours’ are not permitted, so no singlet. Spikes are not permitted for those children competing in the U8 & U10 age groups.
- For further information click on – www.communitygames.ie / www.louthcommunitygames.ie