- Please click into Juveniles for information, age categories and advice on attending an event.
- Please click into Track & Field and/or Cross Country for the list of upcoming juvenile events.
- Please note every event marked with * is an event that Ardee & District AC recommend their juvenile athletes attend.
- Please click into Adults for the list of upcoming AAI approved events and links to other runs nationwide.
- When attending a 5K Run/Walk children can attend with the consent of a parent/guardian and must be supervised at all times. If your child is also an athletic club member they cannot wear their club colours/singlet and we respectfully ask underage runners/walkers not to impede the competitive athletes on the starting line. See Ruling by the AAI (Athletic Association of Ireland):
Juveniles can partake in races greater than that of their age group, but can only do so with parental/guardian consent and they CANNOT wear club colours/singlets: Age Groups – Up to 11yrs – 1.5k / 12-13yrs – 2k / 14-15yrs – 3k / 16-17yrs – 4k / 18yrs + 10k / The minimum threshold for a 5k is 16yrs and for a 10k is 18yrs.